We’re well into 2018, but wanted to take a look back at New Year’s resolutions. Each year brings a commitment from many of us to get healthier, stop bad habits and create change. We make our list of resolutions and off we go with great intentions…and then someone shows up with donuts.
Change doesn’t happen overnight, but it is great to have reachable goals. One of the many amazing things about sharing our lives with animals is that they are always there to love us and accept us without judgment. In the hustle and bustle of everyday life, it can be all too easy to not do some of the things that they consistently need. We are guilty of it, too and that is why we are offering a list of goals for you and your pets to insure that they stay as healthy and happy as possible in 2018 and all the years to come.
- Yearly Wellness Exam and fecal test - Even if your kiddo was in multiple times for other problems, it is important that they be examined when they are healthy to create a plan for support and wellness in the upcoming year.
- Twice a year Wellness Exams for Senior Pets – Your kiddo ages 5-7 years for every year that you do. That means that every 6 months of your pet’s life is equivalent to 2.5-3.5 years of ours. Twice a year exams on pets over the age of 8 years helps identify problems early to keep your senior pet in optimum health year round.
- Flea and intestinal parasite prevention – monthly flea and intestinal parasite prevention is needed for your dog or cat…even if the cat is an indoor only cat. Fleas are epidemic in San Diego and can make their way into your environment with ease. Topical and pill forms are available for every size pet.
- Heartworm testing and prevention - San Diego does have heartworm disease in the mosquito population. Preventing this in your dog is easy with a once a month pill. Yearly testing insures that your dog is heartworm free.
- Dental maintenance - After the age of 2-3 years, all pets need yearly deep dental cleanings, even with daily brushing (just like us). Bodhi offers twice a year dental specials that can make this more affordable.
Our pets enrich our lives every day. They give so much and ask for so little. Ensuring optimum health keeps them in our lives for as long as possible.
The Bodhi Animal Hospital team and I look forward to creating individualized health plans for your animal friend this year and all of the years to come.
Ann Eliopulos, Medical Director
Return to News and Updates Tool